The Billy Foundation, aka The Billys, is seeking to hire a strongly motivated individual for the part-time position of Program Coordinator. This person will support the outreach and logistics for multiple in-person and online gatherings annually and other social and educational activities for our community, in coordination with the Board of Directors and volunteers. This position also includes ongoing information technology and administrative duties.
- Communication and Outreach: Respond to inquiries about The Billys; coordinate social media; produce weekly email newsletter; outreach and liaison to wider community.
- Events Support: Attend planning meetings and ensure all logistical and promotional needs of events are met; negotiate contracts with venues and catering; liaison with caterers and facilities for gatherings and events; produce and distribute promotional materials; coordinate event registration and provide logistical support to event volunteers.
- Information management: responsible for CRM contact management program, managing website content, video conferencing and Google Suite, etc.
- Experience (and vision for) developing and implementing marketing and community engagement strategies.
- Project management experience.
- Proven experience with CRM contact management systems
- Strong commitment to GBTQ community-building.
- Working understanding of the nonprofit sector.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel throughout the Bay Area, primarily Lake and Sonoma counties
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with small and largely volunteer-led nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with Bloomerang, WordPress, Google Suite, Filemaker, Zapier, MS Office, Zoom
Hours and Compensation
$24 per hour—from 12 up to 20 hours per week, depending on workload.
Monthly health insurance stipend, home office stipend; paid registration, meals, and lodging for all gatherings.
This is a flexible remote position.
LINK TO COMPLETE JOB DESCRIPTION HERE: Complete Job Listing
How to Apply
Format & Deadline: Please submit applications as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications are due by 5pm PST on March 31, 2022.
What to Include: Applications should be submitted via email as a single PDF and should include the following components in this order:
1) A cover letter that addresses:
● Why you are interested in working with The Billys
● What you believe you would bring to the program coordinator role
● How your past accomplishments are relevant to this position
2) A résumé
3) A list of three references that includes names, affiliation, email addresses and phone numbers (References will not be checked until the finalist stage and candidates will be given an opportunity to notify their references in advance.)