Like you, we’re THRILLED at the thought of gathering to say au revoir to 2021, and bienvenue to 2022. Naturally, we want to be together in a way that maximizes fun while minimizes risks. To meet these complementary goals, here are the health guidelines we’ll be observing for this year’s Winter Gathering:
REVISED FULL COVID POLICY FOR WINTER GATHERING:
revised Dec. 20th, 2021
Vaccinations & COVID test:
- Everyone attending must be fully vaccinated against COVID 14 days or more before arriving at Saratoga Springs.
- Everyone must upload a proof of vaccination card as part of the online registration process. Registrations are incomplete and not guaranteed without valid proof of vaccination. No Exceptions.
- RECOMMENDED BOOSTER – The COVID booster is STRONGLY recommended. If it has been longer than 6 months since your vaccination, boosters are available and we strongly recommend getting them before attending.
- Covid Tests – All attendees are required to have a negative Covid test within 24 hours of arrival. Home Rapid Antigen tests are acceptable. We ask that you take home tests before leaving for the Gathering. If you test positive, you may request a full refund.
- Home test kits – we urge you to buy yours NOW, they are becoming harder to find, but some Walgreens, CVS, etc. keep getting supplies and look for them online. They are about $25.00, with 2 tests in each box/kit. They take less than 30 minutes, including reading instructions carefully. If you are having problems getting a Home Test Kit, please contact us for help.
- You will be required to sign a statement, which we will provide, confirming that you have had a Negative Covid test within 24 hours of arrival at the Gathering.
- If you forget to test yourself at home, we ask that you stop along the way and buy a test kit to test yourself as soon as you arrive.
- (NOTE: these requirements may become more stringent depending on developing circumstances. )
Masks and Housing:
- Masks – Masks will be required at all indoor locations (housing exceptions below), per State requirements. This means all events, including Heart Circles, and all buildings and common indoor areas. Outdoors, including hot tub & outdoor areas, masks are not required.
- Meals – Masks must be worn in the dining hall, except while seated and actively engaged in eating. While getting your meals, getting up to get or do something, etc., you will replace your mask.
- Housing –
- For safety reasons, everyone will only be entering their assigned room and only use the bathroom that goes with your room. No “visitors” in shared rooms, nor going into other rooms or bathrooms, other than those specifically assigned to you.
- In some locations, you may be sharing a bathroom with an adjacent room.
- Housing assignments – Please be flexible and understanding. Where possible, room assignments will be based on rooming requests, or singles to limit exposure. However, after meeting specific requests/needs, you may be in the same room as another person. Each bunkroom may have 3 or 4 total, depending on registration totals. To accommodate as much safety as is possible, and to provide indoor accommodations for everyone, please be prepared for that possibility. We are limiting registration to accommodate as many Billys as possible balanced with as much separation in housing as possible.
- Public Toilets – A few public use toilets will be available to use at your option. Please don’t use those reserved for a room, except the bathroom associated with your room.
Other Covid Safety Considerations:
- REMEMBER: Taking care of ourselves is only part of the picture. We are striving to build a community that cares for its members. In deciding how you will respect and adhere to these agreements, please remember we are all different and part of the Billys.
- Masks become dirty and saturated with your breath. Please bring extra and consider replacing your mask at least daily.
- Bring masks with you everywhere, someone may ask you to put on a mask when you are in a one-on-one close situation – including outdoors. Please be respectful and honor others’ requests.
- If you have symptoms of any illness – runny nose, cough, fever, aches, PLEASE do not come to the Gathering. If symptoms begin at the Gathering, you will be asked to leave. In that case, you may request a full refund.
- Please no Ins and Outs while at the Gathering. Once you arrive at Saratoga Springs, plan to stay there until you leave. Lake County is considered a high transmission and low vaccination rate area.
- Consider bringing a portable air purifier, and extras to share, if you desire.
- Be aware that these health protocols for the Winter gathering may be adjusted AGAIN should FURTHER changes occur with state or local guidelines.